I’m trying to run a Jamulus server . I got it running, but the latency was high. My first step was to add the real time kernel from CCRMA.
CCRMA no longer ships a super-package for core. The main thing missing seems to be the rtirq package.
- installed the ccrma repo file.
- installed the real time Kernel
- Set the RT kernel as the default.
- installed the rtirq scripts rpm
- enabler the systemd module for rtirq
- cloned the Jamulus repo from git
- configure, built, and installed Jamulus from the sources
- added a systemd module for Jamulus
- set selinux to permissive mode (starting Jamulus failed without this)
- started Jamulus
- ensured I could connect to it
- stopped jamulus
- set selinux to enforcing mode
- restarted Jamulus from systemctl
- connected from my desktop to the Jamulus server
It does not seem to have much impact on the latency I am seeing. I think that is bound more by network.