I wasn’t super pleased with my results yesterday, so I kept plugging away. Better results today.
- Checked out sources. This time, I made a backup copy.
- ran mvn install in the jbossas directory
- ran mvn eclipse:eclipse in the jbossas directory
- imported the projects into eclipse. Saw about 100 errors.
- I had to exclude a couple of things from the source paths by hand.
In two cases, I had errors that showed different versions of standard Java classes regarding CORBA and JAAS. To get these to build correctly, I went to the Build Path popup and selected the Order and Export tab. In both cases, the JRE directory was the last one listed. I moved it to the top of the list. I suspect that some scripting is in order to reorder these in all of the .classpath files. However, once again, I have a project with no errors.
I notice that most of the projects refer to the jar files built from previous projects as opposed to depending on the projects themselves. Everything has been installed in M2_REPO, and is fetched from there as well. This is astep above installing in /thirdparty.